This is one of a kind of ginger carrot and pumpkin soup, ideal recipe for Vata season (winter). It offers a warm and hydrating break from harsh winters with the goodness of vitamins A,D, E, and selenium keeping your sight and mood bright.
Good for all Doshas but ideal for Vata.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 2 person (400ml)
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- A pinch each of clove powder, black pepper powder
- 6 carrots, chopped
- ½ cup of pumpkin, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Any 2 Seasonal herb springs (thyme, basil or rosemary) for garnish
- Add ghee to a large soup pot and melt it over medium flame.
- Add ginger and spice blend to it and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in the carrots, pumpkin and broth, bring it to a boil and simmer it for 20-25 minutes over low flame, till the pumpkin turns mushy.
- Transfer the soup to a blender to make the puree (If you prefer chunky puree use an immersion blender or a potato masher).
- Cook the soup for 1 more minute.
- Sprinkle some lemon zest and olive oil.
- Top it with any seasonal herb of your choice and serve hot.
(Optional) Add coconut milk at the end and serve immediately