Milk acts as an anupan, or carrier substance, bringing the qualities of herbs deeper into the tissues and is a very effective way to take the herbs of your choice and enjoy their benefits. This ginger milk is good for people suffering from constipation, chronic indigestion, and Kapha-Vata respiratory illnesses like cough and sore throat.
Good for Kapha and Vata Dosha
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 1 Cup
- ½ t dry ginger powder
- 1 cup whole milk (preferably Cow’s milk)
- 1 t Honey or maple syrup (optional)
- ¼ cup water
- Add milk, water, and ginger powder in a saucepan and bring it to a boil over high flame.
- Reduce the heat to medium flame and let it simmer until 1 cup of liquid is left.
- Add honey/maple syrup. Mix well and serve warm.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.