Ginger Barfi or Ginger Paka is a must-try winter recipe. This recipe helps relieve cold, cough, sore throat and boosts immunity. It also helps in improving appetite and digestion.
Good for Vata Dosha.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serves: 20 Pieces
- Add jaggery and equal quantity of water to a heavy base pan and cook till a thick syrup is formed.
- Add grated ginger, mix and cook for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
- Add ghee and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the powders of all the other ingredients and let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Grease a plate with ghee and spread the mixture evenly.
- Let it cool and cut in any desired shapes.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for a month.
It is hot in nature and should be taken in appropriate quantities only in winter and never on an empty stomach.