These nutritious and delicious pancakes are a great way to introduce family and friends to ayurvedic cooking. Replace cardamom or combine it with cinnamon for a more traditional taste. This recipe has the sweetness and crunch of cucumbers and can be served hot or cold with ghee or maple syrup. It makes for an ideal breakfast or lunch.
Good for Pitta.
For Kapha, Make the batter with Homemade Coconut Milk.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of cream of wheat / semolina
- 1 cup of shredded cucumber
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 t sugar
- ½ t ground cardamom
- Milk to make the batter (preferably cow’s milk)
- 1 T ghee to grease the pan
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Mix semolina, wheat flour, and cucumber in a bowl.
- Add salt, sugar, cardamom powder, and milk to make a pancake consistency batter
- Set aside for 15 to 20 mins.
- Heat the pan and grease with ghee
- Ladle out the batter into small pancakes and let it cook
- Flip on other side and cook till golden brown
- Garnish in a plate with maple syrup and serve
Always make the fresh batter.
Not recommended for diabetic patients.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.