Carrot pickle is a side dish served with Indian meals for better digestion. It is made by fermenting carrots along with other seasonal vegetables and spices as per choice.
Good for Vata dosha.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Days to ferment
Serves: 2 Cup carrot Pickle and 4 cups Brine
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 carrots, shredded
- 1 beet, peeled and grated and its juice
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- Filtered water
- First you need to sterilize the mason jar with boiling water.
- Add vinegar and salt to the clean and dry mason jar and stir.
- Next, stir in carrots, beet, ginger, and mustard seeds.
- Fill the jar with filtered water and cover it with a clean dish towel.
- Set aside for 2 days in a warm, dark place.
- Check the carrots if it is still not pickled, let stand for 1 more day.
- Close the lid and store it in the refrigerator.
Liquid brine can be used as a probiotic drink or added to smoothies.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.