The Brassicas or the “cabbage” family whose kin consist of broccoli, cauliflower, collards, kale, bok choy, Brussels sprouts, mustard greens, and watercress, are known to be very effective cancer preventives. Made with spicy flavors, this baked cauliflower is light, astringent, and bitter, making it also delightfully excellent for settling Kapha.
Good for Kapha Dosha
For Pitta, replace the ginger with 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 2 Person
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower with florets separated
- 1 T Ghee, divided
- 1 T fresh ginger, grated
- 1 t lemon zest
- 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Wash the cauliflower florets with water. Arrange them on a baking tray and rub them with salt, pepper, and ghee.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 mins till roasted.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a big frying pan over moderate heat. Stir in the ginger and zest.
- Add the cauliflower to the frying pan. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Take off the pan from the heat. Sprinkle in the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Serve hot
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.