Triphala literally means “three fruits”. It consists of a blend of three dried fruits: Amalaki (Amla), Bibhitaki (Baheda), and Haritaki (Harad).
Amla, often known as Indian gooseberry, is high in antioxidants. It can treat digestive issues and cardiac difficulties, regulate pancreatic function, manage cholesterol, and increase bone density.
Whereas Bibhitaki helps maintain blood cholesterol levels and treat hepatitis, bronchitis, asthma, eye disease, etc.
Haritaki aids in the treatment of ulcers, skin conditions, diabetes, constipation, colic pain, and hemorrhoids.
It is a Tridoshic in nature, regulating the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) in the body.
- Take equal or 1:2:4 measurements of all three dry ingredients.
- Or, take all three fresh green fruits, remove the seeds, and chop them into little pieces. Dry these pieces in the shade for a week or until fully dry
- If you’re using dried ingredients, remove the seeds and chop them into bits or ground them individually in a mortar-pestle.
- Now add all the dried grounded powder & Make a fine powder in a mixer-grinder.
- Mix the three fine powders together evenly and store them in an airtight container.