Ayurveda recognizes a concept of Ojas, which is the essence of vitality and immunity that contributes to a complete healthy glow on your skin and external features. According to Ayurveda, a person who has good Ojas has a balanced dosha constitution and rarely becomes sick. Have this shake packed with Ojas enhancing foods mid-day, 2-3 times a week to nourish and replenish your ojas.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 1 Glass
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 2 dates (pitted and chopped)
- 5 raw pistachios
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 T of organic rose petals
- ½ t ghee
- Few strands of saffron
- ¼ t ground cardamom powder
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- ½ t honey
- Soak almonds overnight.
- Add milk to a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Add rose petals, saffron, cardamom, black pepper, pistachios, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the milk from heat and let it cool.
- Blend dates and peeled almonds together with cooled milk.
- Add ghee and honey and blend until smooth.
- Filter if necessary and pour in the glass ready to serve.
Best to have mid-day, when the sun is bright.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.