Avial or aviyal is a popular and traditional mixed vegetable dish from south Indian cuisine. It is made by cooking various vegetables in a coconut and yogurt sauce garnished with coconut oil and curry leaves.
Good for all doshas
Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 25 Min
Serves: 4-5 person(approx)
- Chop the washed vegetables and steam them.
- Grind coconut, green chilies, ginger, and cumin seeds into a paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan, and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds begin to pop add ground coconut masala and let it cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add steamed vegetables, 1 tbsp curd, and curry leaves.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil and salt to the avial.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Hot
Serve with steamed rice, sambar, pickle and some papadoms for a hearty and satisfying meal.