Oatmeal is an all-time healthy breakfast option that does not take much time to prepare. This recipe has additional benefits of super-powerful foods like Amaranth leaves adding extra delicious and nutrient punch. Adding leafy greens like Amaranth makes this recipe high in fiber that keeps your hunger pangs in control and is good for weight loss.
Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 1 person
- ½ cup oat flakes or rolled oats
- ½ cup of thin buttermilk
- 1 cup of chopped amaranth leaves (you can use a green or red variety)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ t cumin powder
- Water as needed
- Yogurt as a side
- In a saucepan, add oats and water and bring it to a boil
- Let it cook over medium heat until the oats become soft and add chopped amaranth leaves.
- Stir occasionally, till all the water is absorbed and amaranth is cooked.
- Lower the flame. Stir in Buttermilk, salt, and cumin powder.
- Mix well and serve with a side of yogurt
Serve immediately as the oats turn gelatinous if left to sit.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.