Aam Panna is an energizing and refreshing cooler made with raw green mangoes that is traditionally served during the summer months when mangoes are in season. This sweet and sour summer drink, also known as Kairi Panha, functions as a digestive and has several health benefits.
Balances Kapha and Pitta Dosha
Prep Time: 30 Min
Total Time: 50 Min
Serves: 5 Persons
- Boil or pressure cook the mangoes in 3 glasses of water until tender. Remove the tender mango pulp from the seed and skin once it has cooled.
- Grind the pulp to make a smooth paste.
- Now take a pan, heat 3/4 cup water & add 1/4 cup sugar/jaggery. Stir in until completely dissolved, then continue to cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the syrup from heat, chill, and store it in the refrigerator.
- Add 4 tablespoons mango pulp, 2 tablespoons sugar syrup, 1/4 teaspoon roasted cumin powder, 1/4 teaspoon black salt, a pinch of crushed black peppercorns, and 6 to 7 mint leaves to a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth. Blend for a few seconds further after adding 12 cup chilled water.
- Pour into a glass and top with crushed ice before serving.