Badam halwa is a rich, delicious, nutty South Indian melt-in-your-mouth halwa made with just three three ingredients. A tasty almond recipe can help boost brain function, improve muscles, stimulate the liver, and increase life expectancy.
Prep Time: 4 Hours
Total Time: 4 Hours 15 minutes
Serves: 4 Persons
- Soak the almonds for 3 to 4 hours. Peel the skin and blend it into a smooth paste with 1/4 cup milk or water.
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan, add sugar and 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil until sugar dissolves.
- To avoid lumps, add the ground paste and stir thoroughly.
- Mix condensed milk, saffron or food colour soaked in lukewarm milk and powdered elaichi together. And now add it to the pan. Keep stirring for 4 minutes.
- Add a tsp of ghee in regular intervals and keep stirring until the halwa leaves the pan.
- Pour the mixture into a greased plate and set aside to cool.
Sprinkle chopped dry fruits. Top it with ghee & serve hot!