A healthful, warm, and lightly spicy, this one-pot Whole Cereal Vegetable Pulav recipe is quick and easy to prepare.
This Pulav recipe is the perfect blend of mixed vegetables, spices, and healthy bulgur wheat, is the perfect comfort food.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
Serves: 2 Person
- 1/2 cup Dalia (broken wheat/bulgur wheat).
- 1/2 cup split green gram/sprouted whole gram.
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower florets/ carrots/vegetables of your choice
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- 1 pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon ghee/oil
- 1 green chili (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced ripe tomato
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl, wash the Dalia and green gram. Soak them for 10 to 15 minutes in 2 cups of water.
- Thoroughly wash the chopped vegetables and set them aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat the oil/ghee, add the cumin seeds, carom seeds, and asafoetida, and fry until light brown. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a minute.
- Now combine the soaked Dalia and green gram, salt, turmeric powder, pepper, chopped vegetables, and add 2 ½ cups of water.
- Close the lid and cook over medium flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!