These cashews are savory, sweet, spicy, and crunchy. They are easy to make and are vegan-friendly. They have a citrusy aroma and are used in many Indian dishes for their many ayurvedic benefits.
Good for Vata dosha
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 1 Cup
- 1 t coconut oil
- ¼ t mustard seeds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- A pinch each of cumin powder, coriander powder, paprika powder, black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- In a saucepan, melt coconut oil and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds begin to pop, add cashews and spices.
- Toast for 5 minutes or until the cashews turn golden brown.
- Turn off the heat and season with salt as per taste.
- Let the cashews cool and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and enjoy
Can be stored for 1 week.
Tastes best when slightly warm.