Good for Vata Dosha
Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
Serves: 6 Persons
- Remove the leek’s dark green leaves and trim the root end (keep the pale green part of the leek). Cut in half lengthwise to remove any dirt in the layers and soak.
- Once you have washed the soaked leek, start slicing leeks thinly.
- Now peel the carrots after trimming the stem end. Slice into 12” pieces and put them aside.
- Add 1 ½ Tbsp t\butter to a saucepan or pan over medium heat.
- Cover and simmer for 4 minutes & keep occasionally stirring until the leeks are translucent.
- Once leeks begin to brown, turn down the heat. Remove and set aside.
- Take a pan, add carrots, and just enough water to cover. Boil for 15-20 minutes or until carrots is fork-tender.
- Once done, drain the water carrots, transfer them to the pan, and mash them with a potato masher.
- Add 2 ½ Tbsp of melted butter to the mashed carrot. Add sautéed leeks on top and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve this Mashed Carrots dish as a side dish with a complementary meat main dish recipe, and perhaps begin with a healthy salad for a well-rounded meal.